Pausing uTorrent and restarting my computer.....

atyndall

i have a torrent that is very large in size and has caused more that 1240MB of wasted data (309 hashfails) over a period of 2d 14hr, the total downloaded amount is 3.49GB but the amount actually used is 2.28GB.

Would there be anything causing the hashfails? i dont have DMZ enabled but i am using a wireless router to transmit data to the computer that i am using to download it.

And also, can you pause torrents in uTorrent and restart your computer and it will stay at the same point in the torrent (e.g. 52.3%)? because i have noticed that the torrent still stays connected to peers when i pause it.

and what does the stop function do? if you stop a torrent does that mean you have to start again from the beginning? or can you resume it from where you are up to? does it reset your banned peers list?

Thankyou,

Atyndall

many are 100% (17/72) complete, it isnt poisioned cuz i am (slowly) getting there. there are just a lot of hashfails. and i still need to know "And also, can you pause torrents in uTorrent and restart your computer and it will stay at the same point in the torrent (e.g. 52.3%)? because i have noticed that the torrent still stays connected to peers when i pause it.

and what does the stop function do? if you stop a torrent does that mean you have to start again from the beginning? or can you resume it from where you are up to? does it reset your banned peers list?"

and what does the stop function do? if you stop a torrent does that mean you have to start again from the beginning? or can you resume it from where you are up to? does it reset your banned peers list?"

Stopping a torrent will just break all active connections to other peers and send a STOP command to the tracker. You do NOT have to start again from the beginning. IF you start the torrent it will simply resume. IT does not reset your ban list.

• 4 months later...

Archived