µTorrent 1.7.2 released

Firon

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be perfectly honest...

I wanted to be able to have all users from my ISP as local, because transfers between them don't count to my net connection limit, unfortunately I'm separated from them a) by my home router, B) they are also scattered on few LANs so broadcasts definitely won't reach them. Also I'm not very found on 1.7.2 decision to block LDP for private trackers :/

It would also be good if uT would treat local peers with priority. It's no big deal since it doesn't disturb normal data exchange between peers from the Inet. This would really shorten any download when working together with some friends from my ISP beyond any other tricks (because no tricks can extend physical limitations of ones Inet connection).

Shouldn't good P2P app always pick the best routes to download efficiently? Currently dumb tracker won't always return the best peers (escpecially if there are hundreds or more) and ut won't even know witch to pick in the first place - that is witch actually belongs to my ISP, can skip UL/DL limits and should be prioritised (and they should be).

LPD discovers local peers via multicast, that's all. If you want to specify a range to be considered "local," that's totally unrelated to LPD (and has been requested before).

As for disagreeing with the private vs LPD stuff, how is this any different from DHT? DHT is disabled for private torrents too, why should LPD not be? They're both methods of discovering new peers, which is not what private tracker administrators want.

as an administrator in a tracker serving only the purposes of my ISP and visible from its users only, i'd want peers to be able to obtain new local peers, but not any external.. anyways, i've never seen LPD to be that effective to influence the situation..

on a larger scale, LPD not working if there's a private flag seems good..

Thanks so-much for everything you've done to-date with this amazingly-small piece of software...

But it's no-longer useful, as trackers have banned your client, and all users/accounts using it. uTorrent was an ABSOLUTE breath of fresh-air when I changed from Azureus, but now I'm to find something else.

Users = Piggy In The Middle.

Everytime when I scan utorrent.exe (NOT the installfile) on www.virustotal.com it finds virusses. This is also in the new utorrentfile...see list below:

eSafe 7.0.15.0 2007.07.22 suspicious Trojan/Worm

Panda 9.0.0.4 2007.07.22 Suspicious file

Webwasher-Gateway 6.0.1 2007.07.22 Win32.ModifiedUPX.gen!84 (suspicious)

File utorrent.exe received on 07.22.2007 23:21:08 (CET)

Current status: finished

Is it possible to bring a utorrent.exe WITHOUT virusses etc? I mean a CLEAN one?

Thanks in advange.

Thanks. I got all uTorrent from your original website...so it should be a good version.

Also found this "suspicious" behavior in other files like when I downloaded Total Commander--> there where 4 links...the 4th one was a clean one without "suspicious".

The other ones had all "suspicious" in the same file.

That's why I asking for a clean one without these "suspicious" lines after checking. It is possible with enough effort.

Again: thanks in advange.

@Alpha-Toxic: the uncompressed version comes out clean... That's correct, and when I installed it and checked the installed utorrent.exe-file in the programmsdirectory the virusscanners gave me such mentions.

@Ryan Norton

I'm not a expert with pc's but these mentions don't come out of the sky and mostly means that the file is infected with something not good for the users. That's why I'm repeat my question: is there a possibility that utorrent becomes clean before and after installing? The earlier versions had also other virus/suspicious mentions in the virusscanners...I checked the older versions as well today to check for this virus/suspicious mentions. (You can check it also.) Thanks again for your efforts.

@Ultima

In short terms I want to add my friends from LAN (MAN actually), consider them as LP (bypass limit) and have ut always send and req. data from them in the first place. It goes beyond the name of LPD but it's definitely related to Local Peers topic. I know it (or similar ideas) has been requested by few people and constantly rejected witch is incomprehensible, sad and frustrating for me.

@DreadWingKnight

"Re: µTorrent 1.7.2 released: Blame the tracker admins for being bandwagoners, not uTorrent.

Not our fault they have their heads in their asses."

Well, there must have been a reason why they banned it and why they still do it, isn't it!?

There are perhaps still other "good" reasons to ban utorrent? ;)

I reformatted my System drive and installed µTorrent 1.6.1 instller as there is no instller for version 1.7 available.Immediately on start it gave an option to download and install the new version 1.7.1 build 3360.I selected yes and it downloaded and installed 1.71 build 3360.

Why not 1.72 build 3458......?

Also when I am manually going to help-check for updates it is displaying the message that no update is available whereas 1.72 is there on µTorrent home page.Why is this happening to my computer?

Any help and necessary correction is appreciable.

Archived