µTorrent 1.7.2 released

Firon

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad uTorrent has sold out, whatever way you look at it is not the same program or idea that it started out as...this one lasted longer than most. The developer (Ludd) gave his idea away and has moved on...software has a very short shelf life and that is what drives programmers to develop new software. There is no shortage of alternatives out there...

So long...and thanks for the fish...

merkin

Longtime uTorrent user... I was.

This is my first and last post here.

Still using 1.6.1, till I get bored of it. Will not touch any 1.7.X ruffian version.

So long, and thanks for the fish.

It's time to look for something more reliable, and I do not give an F about my "slashdot-alike" marks.

Regards.

:cool: What I can't understand is why some of the Private trackers are not allowing µTorrent v1.7.2 ??

It's the version that comes round, slaps your wife, steals your beer, sleeps with your daughter then beats you to a pulp. You must have seen it tongue

Here's a graphical expression for Coasterilla. it represents some of the twisted mindset many of us have had to deal with regarding the rampant rumors:

Accept_Your_Fate.jpg

well blackcats games have banned all the torrent clients except for utorrent 1.6.1...

they say 1.7.2 reports IP's and other private info.(not sure what that is) to RIAA and other anti piracy corporations. Well I say if RIAA is really tracking IP's they already know about Black-Cats and only thing they care about is movies and software, games is low priority.

bloatedlk7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-29

This is bad. I was so shocked myself. The size of the software does not change but the usage of the memory is the same as a normal software, not yet a bloatware. But if that is the usage of memory, then it doesn't make any difference as using BitComet or other bittorrent clients. Not only that, just like it was mentioned, the speed of the internet was really slowed down in a way that i can feel it - even thought i have already properly configured the upload, download and connection limits to the old utorrent settings.

Please, seriously, if utorrent have been bundled with anything malicious, remove it. I mean, i always thought of the rumors to be false and had faith with the uTorrent staff.

This is bad. I was so shocked myself. The size of the software does not change but the usage of the memory is the same as a normal software, not yet a bloatware. But if that is the usage of memory, then it doesn't make any difference as using BitComet or other bittorrent clients. Not only that, just like it was mentioned, the speed of the internet was really slowed down in a way that i can feel it - even thought i have already properly configured the upload, download and connection limits to the old utorrent settings.

Please, seriously, if utorrent have been bundled with anything malicious, remove it. I mean, i always thought of the rumors to be false and had faith with the uTorrent staff.

1. Mine havent gone above 10 meg

2. I dont know why you (or any1) care to change the .exe file (original name is utorrent.exe not uTorrent.exe) lolz...

Archived