µTorrent 1.7.2 released

Firon

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, µTorrent and probably other BitTorrent clients have wised up (somewhat) to reconnecting "new peers" by remembering their stats even when they disconnect. They may still get the optimistic unchoke upload slot sometimes, but not due to being a new peer with nothing to share. µTorrent doesn't remember this information if it's closed and restarted to my knowledge, but presumably that data could be too old to be useful at that point.

I notice one thing in this new release: If I have various trackers, in the old versions I can see in the tab General what Tracker is working and what is not. Now is always showing the same tracker. It don't rotate through trackers anymore?

I notice one thing in this new release: If I have various trackers, in the old versions I can see in the tab General what Tracker is working and what is not. Now is always showing the same tracker. It don't rotate through trackers anymore?

Go to 'Torrent Properties' and separate tiers with an empty line.

Let me explain it with a picture ...

Right click on the torrent - select Properties - see that there is no space between the two announce urls - so you have to separate them with an empty line (see picture).

It works, trust me! ;)

utortiersew4.jpg

btw, what is your native language?

I already check, there is a line between the trackers on the torrent properties.

What I am talking about is the tracker information there where you have Tracker URL: http://85.17.40.... In older versions this change, but now always stays the same address and the same information.

btw, what is your native language?

Brazilian Portuguese

• 2 weeks later...

i find that switching between 1.6.1 and 1.7.2 can corrupt your settings.dat file. this caused utorrent to choke my router and disconnect the internet completely.!! i didn't know why this happened at first. i thought i had spyware/malware or even a virus and it was messing up my internet connection. i even re-formatted my whole PC.

i first noticed when i opened the settings.dat in notepad and noticed nothing but blocks,

㨵摡彤楤污杯桟獩汴㐳䘺尺䉘塏瑜浥屰潴牲湥獴彜湩潣灭敬整㍜㨳㩆塜佂屘整灭瑜牯敲瑮屳楟据浯汰瑥敥㨹摡灤敲湷㡤븺㄀㨷灡数摮楟据浯汰瑥楥攱㨹楢摮灟牯楴㜲ㄲ攰㐲戺⹴牰潩晟物瑳江獡彴楰捥楥攱〲挺敨正慟獳

then i deleted it to create a brand new settings.dat and noticed there was text in the actual file, and not blocks. so i will be using utorrent 1.7.2 from now on and keep testing this.

Archived