µTorrent 1.7.2 released

Firon

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of the matter is, the strings have changed because keyboard accelerators changed, so they need to be retranslated (or the existing translations need to be copied over to the new strings), or the person managing the translation needs to update it to refelct the changes.

anything is going wrong by me...i have still the old version 1.6.1

now i want to load the new 1.7.1 but my computer just starts my old version when i click on the link for installing 1.7.1

please help me

thanks and maybe sorry for bad english i am german

As a tracker owner myself i have given full support to the latest 1.7.1 version even though i did block the use of 1.7.0 due to the problems reported.

As far as i can tell from the IP list given and DNS reports this is all well and good but no further information has been given as to the source of the .torrent file used and from which site.

If the torrent was from a less then secure tracker site like TPB or a public torrent posted on such sites as T/Spy MiniN ect ect then what does he expect !!!!!

Even as a private tracker site we still have times when a member of a anti P2P group get membership and we get take down notices for torrents on site for which they own copywrite for.

Am sure at these times if anyone was to do a peer check at these times there would be rouge IP's listed and reporting that every cleint used was sending data to them !!!! ----LOL fact of torrent life.....if you cant take the heat dont get into the fire .....

This story seems to be getting out of hand and being past from one person to the next with little if any of these people understanding the workings of torrents and is more like a game of chinese whispers and stories getting more distorted with every posting !!!!!

My own tracker stats show utorrent as the top most used cleint out there and we only ban one cleint and thats bitcomet/lord due to reporting problems of part downloads.

Utorrent 7201 peers

next best peer total

Azureus 2260 peers

Utorrent will stay welcome on my own private tracker -untill proved it should not be 100% and not just some scare stories being past on by mis-informed and un-educated torrent users...

I'm sure uTorrent with there massive market share of users using Utorrent are not going to be doing anything silly like reporting users IP's to a unknown person/'s...

If sony could not get away with there route kits and such like i'm sure utorrent would not be so daft and i have tested myself on utorrent 1.7 and 1.7.1 and no such IP's are being reported on torrents from my private site or any clean self made torrents i make from any sources i have the use of...

FYI

This is from one of my private tracker

Yesterday

µtorrent 1.7.1 has now been banned from here. The new version contains a feature that sends your IP and upload/download information to the MPAA and the RIAA. Most sites are now in the process of banning versions 1.7 & 1.7.1

Today

I have been checking packets sent from µtorrent 1.7.1 for the past few hours now, and I cannot find anything that states that anything is being reported to any authorities. I am therefore removing the ban on µtorrent 1.7.1. One of our staff has also spoken to one of their Development team. I am still yet to discuss finer details and concerns with this particular developer but all signs are looking good.

The measure of banning 1.7.1 was taken to assure the safety of our members until such proof could be found to discount these allegations

µtorrent 1.7 will remained banned due to problems with bugs that report false stats to the tracker.

Ouch another one:

Due to possible security issues relating to the most recent versions of uTorrent we have decided to ban them until we can further investigate the issues and resolve any concerns.

We still support earlier versions of the client and advise you to download version 1.6.1

Here in Spain the 1.7.1 is also banned in one of the most important private trackers.

The reason they say they have to do so is that some other trackers (specially in the U.S) had done the same.

The users who have tried to obtain a better explanation had been ignored or insulted. and even banned from the forums to ask

I'm so sad to see this things happening

I dont know what to say. Many ppl has banned this client (for their reasons). But I like it. There is an option (that is not listed on the FAQs and less in the final (?) changelog) that I like most. Bt.ban_threshold. For me this is the BEST feature that this version has. Probably I was heard. I really dont know, but this is THE feature I want. This is VERY useful when you have few seeders (5 or less) and for some weird reason the one that is seeding well always get banned after the 5 strike rule. With this that problem is solved and you dont waste a night/whole day/week with the client stopped and better you dont have to manually reset the bans or restart the client.

Thanks for this feature!.

Archived