Esperanta Traduko

SteveyDevey

So far, I'm just working through some of the obvious entries, but I'd like some clarification on a few things:

First, about asterisks: obviously a string with a space at the beginning and an asterisk at the end needs that space at the beginning. But does it need the space between the end of the text and the asterisk. And for the matter, do I need to include the asterisk itself? The thread "How to translate" isn't completely clear, but I have read through it a few times.

Secondly, it's my understanding that the ampersands are not required, but do need to be unique. Correct?

Best: space + asterisks (like english text; why not?)

Ampersands must not be equal to the english one. Not all languages can have them unique (chinese, japanes, hebrew, cyrillic, ...) but should be checked for your language (f.e. only one text with &A or &a, so that ALT+A can work clear).

If you decide to make the text without ampersands, that's no problem at all (who uses windows without mouse ...)

Thanks for the relpy. That's what I ended up doing when I noticed that one of the very few things previously done was done just as you describe.

Do you really mean that the ampersand shouldn't match the english one, or that there just shouldn't be multiples?

-----------------

Also:

Having a shorter history, and much smaller user-base than most languages, there doesn't seem to be a definitive guide for a lot of technological terms for esperanto.

So, I've been basing my judgements on previous experience, but also just making some decisions. For now, until I know of a commonly accepted term for things like "Tracker", I'm leaving them as-is. Any suggestions?

If possible, the ampersands should match the english ones but there is no "must be".

And there must not be any doubles for working properly.

Some specific terms should be left as they are, just like "Tracker", "Peer", ... perhaps you can find something on the web for other terms?

Um, yes. Is there a list anywhere of terms that should probably be left alone?

Also, while working through everything I've come across a few things that I can't find in the actual software. I was looking for them to find the context, and they're hiding!

"Rate" shows up a few times. Is this referring to speed, or a rating (like 4 stars)?

Another is "Smart ep. filter". I couldn't find that, and I don't know what "ep." stands for.

No, there is no list. Just use terms as you like. If there is no specific term in your language you can use the english one (f.e. "tracker").

Have a look here: http://download.utorrent.com/utorrent-help.zip use search for "smart" (and you can see where to find that text too).

"Smart ep. filter" = Smart episode filter

Also in the FAQ http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php you can find some terms.

"Rate" is uses for speeds, "Ratio" is used as value.

Thanks for the links! I still don't see where some things exist in the actual application, but I'll just bring them up if I can't find them in the help file either.

I'm really happy about my progress so far! I've gotten it from ~7% to over 75% in just a few days! I should be done soon.

I also noticed that there's a never build of utorrent than the one I'm translating. When will that one (3360?) be made available for translation? Or are there no text changes?

No differences on text between (1.7) build 3341 and (1.7.1) build 3360.

But you should use utorrent 1.7.1 (1.7 has wrong reports to trackers).

PS: in µTS there are ID-No., they can help to verify the location of the text inside utorrent

f.e. "ID: DLG_CREATETORR_12" points you to torrent creation (Piece size:).

• 5 months later...

Archived