No "Network OK" or "NAT Error"

HeWhoWalks

I'm curious about something. My status bar has never said "Network OK" or "NAT Error" no matter how I configure things. I've got everything port forwarded correctly. I've tried both with and without my Windows Firewall. And interestingly, even if I totally bork my net forwarding, I don't get the "NAT Error" message (though my downloads crawl to a standstill).

Can anyone give me a bit of insight as to why µTorrent doesn't give me any feedback on the status of my network? It's driving me mad.

Okay, here's some more info:

AV: NOD32

Firewall: Windows Firewall

Add'l SW: PeerGuardian 2

Router: D-Link DI-604

Connection: Cable (approx 1.5Mbit up 7.0Mbit down)

Screenshot: utorrent.jpg

Notes:

Have tried without the following:

Windows Firewall

PeerGuardian (actually just added it recently)

HeWhoWalks: "Can anyone give me a bit of insight as to why µTorrent doesn't give me any feedback on the status of my network? It's driving me mad."

Its driving me mad too.....and also the fact that its crawling along at 1-3kB/sec......omg

Animorc: "This happened to me when I had Kerio Firewall ...."

I have Tiny Personal Firewall running and even if I disable it the network status still DOES NOT SHOW!

I am almost at my wits end and I think I will just wait another day or so to see if any1 here can come up with a solution barring which I will have to totally give up on uTorrent. Its sad cos I really wanted it to work......

I don't know why you don't get a Network status message.

But you can manually check to see if you have indeed configured your system correctly. Any of the links below should tell you if your port is OPEN while you have uTorrent running.

https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=XXXXX (substitute XXXXX for your port number)

Crawling speeds like you've got are typical of ports that are not forwarded correctly so I strongly suspect it's your case. It's either your router, firewall, Windows firewall, UPnP, DHCP setup, ... you just have to check.

Archived