Please help. Can't download anything after trying forum suggestions.

Riverman777

Hello. I want to first say that I have looked through the forums, FAQs, and I have not been able to resolve my problem.

I am using utorrent 1.7. I have Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. I am using Windows Firewall and I am connected directly to the Internet via cable modem.

I was using utorrent before with no problems. A few weeks ago it stopped downloading/seeding. I have added utorrent to Windows firewall exceptions and my AV does not consider it a threat (i.e. doesn't try to block it). I have also tested to see if the port is forwarded properly and it is. I have tried everything I can find to try to get this working and so far, nothing. All the torrents I try to download show red bars when I highlight the torrent.

Does anyone have the answer? I am truly frustrated by this. I have a good ratio (1.405) and I want to continue to contribute as a seeder.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Riverman

Thank you Ultima. I tried your suggestion and the result is the same. The torrent loads and turns to red a few seconds later. My port is forwarded per the test. If its not the firewall or my AV, I have NO idea what could be blocking this application.

Again, thank you for your efforts.

Ciao,

Riverman

I found the problem. I was using a program called Kaspersky Anti Hacker. This program tells you when there are any attempts to get access to my computer via Helkern Attacks, Ddos...etc. I thought I had removed it completely. When I removed the remaining files, utorrent started working again.

Thanks for your help.

Ciao

Archived