Panda Internet Security Software sees 1.7 as an unknown threat!

boyblue

Hi I run Panda Platinum 2007 with its Truprevent function active. With ver 1.6 I had no problems but as soon I downloaded and installed 1.7 Panda quarantined it and wont allow it to run. If I disable Panda Genetic heuristic scan files for unknown threat, then it will run ok. Anybody else had problems with 1.7 and their AV software?

• 2 months later...

For some reason, Panda and the newer versions of Utorrent don't like each other. Panda is putting Utorrent's "C:\Recycler" list into a "dangerous" catagory. My problem occurred when I scanned for viruses and Panda renamed this file..

All of Utorrent's torrents are listed under the Recycler file....so, Panda is blocking the entire file or when you do a scan it is RENAMING the file.

I just upgraded to Panda Internet Security 2008, in that version go scan. That is; click on the scan icon. This will take you to a page where there is a "settings" bar. Click this open and click the exclusions tab. Once you are there, add the Recycler file to the excluded directories.....this should allow Utorrent to operate normally from there on.

Archived