Another Vista "red light" case

t0rek

Hello guys!

First of all I must say uTorrent is a great torrent program, one of the best!

Now I have a little problem. I always have the "listen error" in the status bar, with a red "!" sign while using Windows Vista. According to the FAQ:

<quote>

The red light means that µTorrent was unable to bind a listening socket. Most likely, this means a firewall is blocking it. It's also possible that another torrent client is using this port, which will require you to change ports, or not run both clients at the same time.

</quote>

Now, you guys might consider some facts of this case:

1. uTorrent doesn't give me any problems using Windows XP in the same machine (I dual boot)

2. It seems it's not a router, connection or any hardware problem because it works without any problems in XP

3. I'm not using another torrent client.

3. I only use Windows Firewall (I have never installed another firewall). I was asked to give permissions to utorrent when it was installed.

4. Torrents are working, both upload and downloads, HOWEVER I always have the red light and it slows things with some torrents.

5. I manually added the incoming and outcoming exceptions permissions in the Windows Firewall settings (both TCP and UDP)

7. Even with Windows Firewall totally disabled at all, the red light is still there.

6. uPnP and NAT-PMP port mapping are both enabled.

7. If I double click the red light and the use the "Test if port is forwarded properly" button the page says that the Port is OK, open ad accepting connections.

8. I'm using the uTorrent 1.7 final build (had the same problem with RCs too)

As you guys can see, I have already researched and tried some things, but I don't know what else to do. I need help with this problem. Do you guys please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Archived