update blocked incoming connections

100khz

just the other day an update to utorrent came.. i accepted it.. since then my ports have become blocked.. i changed my ports even, any port i put is coming blocked.. then i installed u torrent (some older version) on a machine in networking with the machine i have this problem on.. here the ports are not blocked.. the signal is green down on the bar.. but on this other machine where i installed the update(before installing the update it worked ohk) but now, there is a yellow triangle coming up showing "no incoming connections".. well, the only thing which changed on this pc is the update was installed to u torrents yesterday.. even windows update didn't happen.. so i suspect its the update to u torrents.. now if you can guide me how to fix this without re-installing u torrents? btw, the machine i have this problem, has the internet connection.. n the other machine on which the ports came unblocked, is just on the network.. so, clearly my is is not blocking the ports..

thanks for reading this. please help me..

i have got xp pro without service pack 2.. n i don't have any other firewall except i use freeware AVG... which worked fine so far.. disabling avg does not help either.. i have this feeling that its the new update which has blocked the ports.. i have got only one option to un-install utorrents and load some earlier version.. :(

hmmm.. i will try.. but.. on the other pc i tested.. avg is installed.. n ports are not coming blocked.. avg has been updated on both pcs.. lol.. no idea folks whats wrong.. may be stars.. ;) anyhow.. will pray to god n un install it as last option... :(

edited later -

lol.. i re loaded utorrents.. older version.. its working fine.. nothing changed.. now see this.. what wrong did that update do to utorrents btw?

I have exactly the same problem since I upgraded to Utorrent 1.7! Before I always had green light, after it stays red forever. The portchecker says that the port is closed. I checked router and firewall, but everything is the same as before, the port is opened, everything is ok. I didn't notice a drop in uploadspeeds, downloadspeeds: don't know yet.

see i don't have xp sp2 installed.. so i don't have windows firewall.. and also i don't have any other firewall.. except i have avg anti virus on my pc running for long. so where should i make the changes in the firewall exceptions, as u have said.. please guide me..

hmmm well now that my problem got resolved.. after re-installing older version.. i'll definitely try what you guys have suggested.. like to uninstall AVG n firewall settings.. n post my results here.. i think i will update utorrents then.. thanks everyone for helping me out...

Archived