Regard to Protocol Encryption.

Ateno

Hi all,

I was able to download torrent just fine with my connection. But last month, I got a kind of warning email from my ISP since I overused my bandwidth. Since then, I have not been able to download any torrent at all. Utorrent can connect to peers/seeds, but the download just does not start.

After reading the help topics here, I suspect my ISP starts blocking torrent download on my connection. Even though when I tried to confirm with them, they said nothing is being blocked. So I want to ask if there is any method to check whether or not the connection is blocked, or something is wrong with my computer/router.

The router I am using is Speedtouch 585. All firewalls are turned off, all ports needed for Utorrent are forwarded/checked. When I turn on Protocol Encryption, the download actually starts, but very slowly, the speed varies from 0.5-4KBps. My connection is at 8Mbps/512Kbps.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

If you overused your bandwidth, then they're probably throttling temporarily until your billing cycle rolls over to the next, meaning you're just gonna have to wait.

Be careful with your bandwidth next time, and be mindful of what your monthly bandwidth usage limit is.

Were you running settings faster/greater than suggested by Speed Guide (CTRL+G) xx/512k?

(...That matches your upload speed.)

Even the xx/512k may be making excessive connections and you'd be better off (with faster downloads and uploads) to reduce global and per-torrent connections max to 100 and 50 or less.

I actually set my speed a bit lower than that, 384 is the right one I think. I don't doubt the possibly slower connections, but in my case, the download just does not start at all unless I turn on the Protocol Encryption. The peers/seeds can be connected, but nothing is downloaded/uploaded.

In the case that they throttle my connection, is the only way to get around is protocol encryption? :/ I cannot seem to get it work over 20KBps, which is pretty slow compared to the 500-700KBps I used to get (number based on the same test torrent specified somewhere in the guide).

Archived