Help!

EK

If it is indeed a BitTorrent-hostile ISP, it's probably YOUR ISP that's hostile if you're having this problem on most/all torrents. The only guaranteed solution to that is to change to a non-hostile ISP...one that actually gives you the rated speeds they advertise.

Some things to try before abandoning your current ISP are encryption settings in µTorrent, proxy servers, computer configurations, OpenOffice torrents (to test speeds), and lastly even replace network cables if easy (and cheap) to do.

Not even just using too much; IIRC, they throttle any of their users, and you actually have to go complain to them to get the advertised speed. There was definitely a large thread of people complaining about throttling on the dslreports.com forum, but I'm not really sure how that went down (since I didn't bother keeping tabs on it).

Agreed, it could easily be a recent development, and history makes it all the more likely.

@EK: Does this happen with every tracker you try? How about torrents from here?

It's weird, because I never had this kind of problem before. A couple of months back, it worked fine.

It does happen with every tracker. Are you sure you gave me the right link, I don't see any torrents there.

Archived