Error: The drive cannot find the sector requested.

Iconoclastic

The other day I had a torrent about 70% completed when Windows Update ran. After that I got the message "Error: The drive cannot find the sector requested." under "Status". Now any torrent I try runs for a minute or two and then stops with that message. If I click to start it again it runs for a minute or two and gives that message again. Every thing else works perfectly fine. I tried downloading BitComet and that worked fine but I prefer to use uTorrent. Please help.

My hard drive is perfectly fine. uTorrent is the only thing that gives me any kind of problem. As I said EVERY THING ELSE WORKS FINE. I used to do Technical Support and can recognize when the techs don't know and are looking for some third party to blame. Oh well, I'll just learn to like BitComet.

I used to do Technical Support and can recognize when the techs don't know and are looking for some third party to blame.

Interestingly, when Windows sends the error back, µTorrent -- the third party -- gets the blame from you, the one who (by that very behavior you're exhibiting) recognizes people that don't know the problem's source?

• 2 months later...

I hate to bring this topic up after this many months but, I just had this error and looked here. I already had quite a bit of the file downloaded so I didn't want to give up my search of finding an easy solution. Luckily, the first thing I tried, right-clicking and going to start, made it work fine :P.

Again, sorry to bring this back up, but I thought someone might need it or find it interesting.

Archived