uTorrent 1.2 causes firewalls to crash?

kasakka

I've had this with two firewalls already - Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 and what I currently use, the Nvidia Firewall. After some time Kerio will repeatedly crash showing a "Fatal application exit" warning in the system tray but otherwise seems to work. Nvidia Firewall will simply throw a blue screen. This definitely happens when running uTorrent.

With BitComet I have no problems with either firewall, so it seems to be a uTorrent related problem.

I have a similar problem. Got Kerio 2.1.5 on a W2K machine, it blue screens after about 24 hrs of operation with utorrent 1.2 (same problem with utorrent 1.1.x).

Have run all sorts of P2P apps on this machine, individually and simultaneously, for very long periods, without any issues (inc. eMule and even Shareazaa).

utorrent IS a light, clean, low resource, richly featured client however there seem to be some compatibility/stability issues.

BitComet is little bit bloated missing some functionality but appears to be more stable. So for the time being I'm going to stick with BitComet.

I will however keep an eye on utorrent as it truly has potential. I would be using it right now if not for this stability issue.

µTorrent probably overloads the firewalls with more connections then they can handle. :| I believe it's an issue with those particular programs and µTorrent, and not something with µTorrent specifically...because the rest of us are happily trucking along. :)

Edit: having said that, if you still have the Windows .dmp file, you might want to send it over to Ludde so he can analyze what could've gone wrong...

Archived