1.7. & 1.7.1. causes all torrents to re-check if you exit utorrent

AndyWhalley

Sorry guys but this is really annoying. The older version had no problems with shutting utorrent down and then all re-starting as normal, very necessary for software upgrades etc. But 1.7. and now 1.7.1. does not allow this, instead it treats each torrent as if there has been a crash or error and forces a re-check of each torrent before starting. For someone like me who has 15-50 torrents ongoing this is a total pain.

Please fix this soon!!!!

Nope it is not only if you exit it improperly. I am using the Exit function exactly as I did in ALL the earlier versions and on each occasions when I start 1.7.1 again it shows ALL the active torrents as needing to be checked.

I have finally found the setting you indicated -usefully located in the section that tells you not to change the settings!

As an addition 1.7.1. has now crashed twice since I installed it a matter of three days ago, meaning every morning when I check whats happened it needs a re-start. In all the time I used the versions before 1.7 not ONCE did the program ever crash.

Sorry I do not know how to do what you've asked. How would I save the crash information please?

I did click on the information screen that 1.7.1 generated to send the crash files to the developers on both occasions.

It did not crash overnight last night.

I use EA anti-virus and windows firewall exactly as I have done with the earlier versions.

Thanks for the tip on the file enabling the graceful shutdown seems to have solved that issue.

Archived