Bitlord/BitComet Working but not uTorrent

epiquestions

I've been using uTorrent when I download torrents except in the office. It doesn't work, I t seems that they are blocking uTorrent (web site anything with utorrent.com, or the app itself.) I don't know but it is able to connect to the trackers using my proxy connection and get the status of the seeders and leechers. There seems to be http sources since I was able to download the same torrent using bitlord/bitcomet

I am behind a router (which I dont have access for configuration (port forwarding etc)) and I am using a proxy to connect to the Internet.

Is there any other way to bypass it? I used bitlord and bitcomet successfully but I still want to use utorrent because it is portable

Does blocking utorrent.com affect the connection since I read in the faqs that DHT needs to connect to router.utorrent.com to be able to work? Is there any way around it?

I am just wondering what could be the problem here

Blocking utorrent.com doesn't affect µTorrent's ability to download. If BitComet's getting around the firewall, then maybe its NAT traversal is working (I dunno). Stick to using µTorrent from home, I guess, and use webui to control it from your office?

Archived