utorrent not working in vista

nemesis.1984

hi im new to forum im trying to port forward utorrent to for it to go green but it isnt working im using the latest version 1.7.1 i think it is also im on windows vista home premium ive tried open port numbers on me router which is a netgear dg834n model but for some reason it isnt working is there something in vista that is blocking it please help im stuck

hey guys, i have pretty much exactly the same problem as nemesis, and have had it for a while now, here's the breakout:

-Running Windows Vista Home Premium, D-link DI-524

-I have set my static ip correctly (internet works still)

-I have forwarded ports throught the router, and have done that exactly as the guide says (it really isnt that complicated) don't think the problem is here.

-I'm a "CableRocket" customer, though im sure they are owned by some larger company...

-I have forwarded the ports, and the program to my vista firewall, again pretty basic.

-With all this done, U-torrent will connect to peers/seeds but downloads will trickle in at a random 0.1kbs here and there. And the port check shows the port is still blocked, is there anything else in vista that might block it? Also I was under the impression that cable modems did not act like routers, (I have a Motorola Surfboard Modem) Could this be what is blocking it?

Sorry for the long post, trying to give as much info as possible.

Archived