UPNP problems

zelkun

Hi, I've been using utorrent since 1.1.2 or something, but I'm a first time poster. (utorrent kicks ass BTW)

Anyway, down to business. Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but I just recently bought a new router (Surecom EP-4904AX) and the UPNP function is enabled on both the router and the utorrent client. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The router doesn't show utorrent in the UPNP section and I don't get Network OK or whatever it was supposed to be.

Don't worry though, my Windows 2003 install is fine, I've patched it to use UPNP and I was successful in using utorrent with my OLD router (D-Link di-604). The UPNP worked flawlessly with that router... until the router died. ^_^;;

Anyway, I was wondering what steps I should take now.. I've tested the UPNP with other programs, including the dreaded "Azureus," and it works fine with them all. =/

Hope someone can think of something.

Take care and keep up the good work with utorrent.

-zelkun

- EDIT -

I would love to just do simple port forwarding, but this router doesn't seem to work with utorrent on port forwarding. -_-;;

Ok, a bit of an update.

After trying to forward ports, add the settings to virtual server AND Special Applications (Kind of like Port Triggering) with no luck, I found a small program called MyUPnP.exe. This program detected my router and allowed me to manually forward ports to my computer using the UPnP function. Even after this, I still don't get "Network OK." I don't get a NAT Error either though...

Any suggestions as to why nothing I do works with utorrent, but works with Azureus ?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with having used MyUPnP.exe, but I've tested this twice.

After AGES, it says "Network OK." I then closed utorrent and opened it up again and started downloading. After another AGE, it finally said "Network OK."

Just thought I'd let you guys know... tho I still find everything leading up to this odd, including it taking an age. Was almost an instant "OK" with my old router. (Not to mention that UPnP worked perfectly)

Now you have a different issue entirely => settings. There is no single answer to this, it really depends on what your system (computer, OS, router, ISP, connection, tracker, peers, ...) is capable of.

Search the forums for settings and I'd start with the FAQ. For testing, I'd use only 1 torrent from OpenOffice to make sure you're not dealing with crappy torrents/trackers.

Yes, this is my 4th NEW router since Wednseday last week. It's a D-Link DI-824VUP+.

It's very similar to my last D-Link (DI-604) that worked perfectly with everything, including utorrent and UPnP.

This new one works with utorrent as well, but i had to forward the ports manually, UPnP doesn't seem to work with this one. =/

I think he means the router. ;) I also find that manually forwarding the correct port works much better than relying on some buggy UPnP method...but that's just me. :/ Feel free to use whatever tickles your fancy. :P

i get your point... but do you understand azureus always work good with UPnP and my router? i always marked as "connectable" on several sites... now i am not anymore and no i dont want go back to azureus (eating my memory 100 MB).

i hope you can fix the UPnP problem... i will forward my port til you have fixed it...

Archived