playing mv4 files after download

Gamerfreak

Allright i think im getting somwhere, I feel i have everything i need to do this even so I'm once again lost amongst the thousands upon thousandths of downloads required to play one simple movie. I have the MeGUI x264 codec i recieved off " http://www.free-codecs.com/download/x264_Video_Codec.htm ",its functions seem a bit limited for my uses, it will not let me load the movie(still an M4v file. How do you switch it to a Mp4?) because I needed a job for it? Ultimatly, I have no idea what to do with what I have becuase I have no idea what job to give my codec (Paperboy?), and how to change the format of this M4V file. Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thanks.

Gamerfreak

This topic belongs to Doom9's forums.

However, to change the file into .mp4, go to Windows Explorer, browse to the file and select it. Press F2 and rename it to whatever.mp4.

And of you don't know how to convert it into another codec, don't do this as it's not that easy and it's extremely time-consuming.

Hmmmmmmm I am sorry for having no clue where what goes, and I apologize for that, but what i thought was that this was a form for general disscussion revolving around torrent, but i must be mistaken. If I must I will post there, unless you are willing to help here? Seeing as the confusion that would be suffered trying to reexplain what I need, what went wrong, and so on, there.

Yes I did rename the file to a .Mp4, but I ran into the same problem you encur in Web design, the simple act of renaming the file does not change the file type. The file reads like:

____

| | THE MOVIE NAME NAM

|(>)| NAME(English sub).Mp4

| __ | M4V File

^ (appears as a paper with the window media player symbol on it)

Archived