Tracker URL not displaying all Trackers in 1.7.1

dezzo

I have a torrent with several different trackers, but only one is being shown in the Tracker URL section of the Detailed Info window. They don't cycle and show the status of the tracker like in 1.6.

Without this, I can't see which trackers are returning errors, so I can remove them from the tracker list of the torrent.

I read a few messages on here where people had this problem in the beta versions, but it's still present.

Is there a way to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

I backed up my torrents, made note of my settings, and then did a clean install of uTorrent.

Then I imported all my torrents again, and now the trackers are cycling correctly.

Apparently it was a bug that happened when updating from a previous version.

Try a clean install, and that should make it work again for you.

i tried that already, but thanks. i just went back to 1.6.1 since it seemed to work fine. maybe the next revision will work better for me than this one.

BTW, when you say you did a clean install, do you mean you simply erased the program and directory, or that you went through the system settings and erased all the records of the program? when i first switch from 1.6.1 to one of the newer versions, it works fine until i shut the program down. when i come back it stops cycling again.

I uninstalled it using the add/remove programs, then made sure that all of the utorrent folders in program files, and documents and settings were deleted.

Then I reinstalled utorrent and set up my settings, and re-inported all my saved torrent files.

Then re-checked all the data etc... through all this, the trackers are cycle normally on the General tab now.

Also, I go into the "C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data folder, and copy the settings.dat from there, into the folder where uTorrent is installed in Program Files. I forget why I do this, but I think it's so that utorrent keeps all files in the same folder in program files, and doesnt scatter them around in documents and settings.

I hope this makes sense, have to type fast, big lighting storm here, and must shut computer down :)

it makes sense. thanks. i tried going through and erasing all traces of utorrent and reinstalling at one point, but i still had the tracker error. no big deal, i guess, i was just wondering if you did anything differently than i did, but i guess its about the same. just going to have to wait and try the next version. thanks for the info.

Archived