Where have all my parts gone?

sak224

I recently downloaded a file containing ~18 different .mpg parts; however, only two of the parts show up in the folder I specified! I can easily watch all of the parts by double clicking on the individual file names listed under the file tab of utorrent. I've searched my hard drive for all .mpg files and only the two in the folder I specified are listed! These files have to be somewhere on my hard drive if I can access and watch them through utorrent...Right?? I really want to transfer these files to an external hard drive, so I would greatly appreciate any help or advise you can give.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it takes me to the same folder which contains only 2 of the 18 parts that I downloaded. I'm utterly confused since all 18 parts are listed under the file tab, and I can watch them, but only 2 show up in the folder. I tried opening the individual mpg files in media player and look at the properties and file location. It says the file is located in the folder I specified, but they are not there when I look or search my hard drive. Anyway, thanks again for your advice.

Thank you for the advice Saribro and ArlyNow. I tried this and only one other file, a database file (Thumbs.db), showed up in this folder. I also tried to search my entire hard drive for all .mpg files again and none of the other files I'm looking for showed up. But again, I can still open them from uTorrent. This is complete craziness!!! I can't figure out what could possibly be going on. Thanks again for your help though! Hopefully this mystery will be solved soon.

I think you might be talking about files that are in a RAR or Zip Archive that are spanned.

In that case you need to use the extract feature from the first Archive File to see all 18.

At this point, this thread might be deleted because of Forum Rules.

Archived