µTorrent mUI

mofle

What is it? (API based UI to remote µtorrent running on your computer from your cell or a utorrent based Mobile client?)

Is it free?

Because I'm sure you do NOT have permission to use µtorrent's 'api' or code for a commercial application.

Otherwise YAY!

However you do realize that the 'API' is very limited at the moment right?

Hey people, don't be fooled. This so called mUI is a way to steal your info and interfere with your privacy. I don't want to say so, but I know this person very well. He is a hacker.

In fact original developer of this mUI is me. This person demanded me to create one for his personal uses and requested me to make it so that it sends email all info to him every time a user logs in to his utorrent through this mUI. He promised me to pay for it and when I delivered it, he ran away and now claims here that he created it himself.

I know you will ask me for a proof of what I am saying. So, here it goes: download the source code from: http://utorrent.mysprojects.com/mUI.zip. Or browse it in your mobile at http://utorrent.mysprojects.com. If you know a little PHP too, you will know by looking at it that the email thing is really there. (Read from line 52 to line 61 in show.php).

I don't know about you but if a person would have told me this with proofs, I would not use it on his site anyway.

btw, you can also download a 'email-free' version here: http://utorrent.mysprojects.com/mUI2.zip

This is now featured on Lifehacker, so expect hits to go up.

While this functionality is not a new concept to the WebUI: Directrix and I were working on something like this; pictures were up on Wikipedia about it for quite a while. Implementations like this do require separate servers to provide this information to cell phone's pseudo browsers. This separate server gathers information from your WebUI. Don't you want to know who has this data, and what he is doing with it? This is 1 of the main reasons further development didn't continue.

aye, but the separate server point still stands. If you are running the server, than you have no reason to doubt.. yourself.

Apparently, mofle has released the source on his also. If this is the same source as what is running on his server...

I'm only making clear what is happening with this script, and warning caution.

There's got to be something wrong with this as mysyasir pointed above since last night there was this chat feature on the page and a couple of users were warning others about this email spying thing...but now the chat is removed and there is no message to oppose this accusation.

Yes, i know i had to remove the shoutbox since it was so much spam and shit on it.

As you can read on the www.utorrentmui.com is that i had to force µTorrent mUI open source earlier than i was planning to, after a person that helped me with a couple of bugs went mad and published a modified version of my code.

And for gods sake stop jabbering!

Try out the code for yourself.

And is there any way to show the source of the php files on the server with jusr read access? can anyone help me with that, so i can show that theres nothing wrong with the code i'm using on torrentmui.com.

And is there any way to show the source of the php files on the server with jusr read access? can anyone help me with that, so i can show that theres nothing wrong with the code i'm using on torrentmui.com.

There is, but the output can be faked. Simple example:

<?php
//Add directory browsing yourself, too lazy
$file = basename($_GET['file']);
highlight_file($file);
?>

Well, pretty decent, but still alot of stupid bugs :)

In most cases (pretty all, except for factories) a MB is 1024x1244 bytes, and your codes goes from bytes to MB by doing this: "Size: '.round($detail[3] / 1000000, 2) .' MB<br /> "

You' really should solve that

Availabilty should be parsed against 0xFFFFFF (or something like that) and not just printed out ;)

And last one i've seen in a glimp, the ETA is wrong, don't know why, but it is according to µtorrent itself :)

Hope you can fix these things as a start.

Hi,

To Buzer: I just sow your message, i been away for some days, but it's fixed now :)

I haven't had time to work on uTorrent mUI, but you can just download the source and fix it yourself if it's really urgent.

That's kinda the point of Open Source.

Anyway, while i was gone i figured out an easy solution on how to find and add torrents easy with µTorrent mUI.

Archived