desperate!!

lxwong

I have gone bald cos I've pulled out all my hair......

I desperately need a client like uTorrent cos I have a dinosaur PC - Pentium II 200 with 32MB ram running win98SE. Azureus grinds my pc to a halt when java starts so its out of the question. With uTorrent I thought wow! this is great, small prg and totally undemanding on cpu and system resources......exactly what I am looking for, except that it SLEEPS ON THE JOB!

uTorrent gives me like 2-3kB/sec downloads, omg its like watching paint dry or grass grow. My connection is dsl 512/256 which is not exactly a ferrari but 2-3kB/sec......u must be kidding! I have done port forwarding, tweaking settings, everything but nothing seems to work for uTorrent.

Thinking that I must be a complete computer moron for not being able to get uTorrent to work properly and that the pc i had was ready for the scrapyard I decided to try 1 last time with BitComet. I didnt even use the install version just the zipped one. I started up BitComet and within 15 minutes was d/ling at 30-35kB/sec.

Having said that I would still like to use uTorrent cos its just such a small and undemanding prg.

So please try and get it to work properly and not sleep on the job like 2-3kB/sec. Thanks.

And your settings? Do you even know what settings are or how to get to them?

Try reading the FAQ, it has quite useful info.

Bashing it isn't going to get you any more help, you know.

Oh and by the way, the program works for the about 600,000 other people who downloaded it this month alone.

port 32459 already forwarded in Prolink Hurricane 9000P router for bi-directional udp/tcp.

global max upload rate: 25

global max d/l rate: 0

global max connections: 256

max conn peers per torrent: 102

no of upload slots per torrent: 4

max no of active torrents: 3

max no of active downloads: 2

enable scraping

enable dht

The "no network status" again. This has to be some kind of bug. It was reported earlier too:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2528

lxwong: Try running this test: http://www.btfaq.com/natcheck.pl. Enter 32459 as the port and copy the hash from any running torrent into the "hash ID" field. If the result is Fail, there's something regarding the port forwarding that's not correct.

Ok, lxwong, I had the same problem. I wanted to get NFSMW, and I had like thousands of peers, but my speed was like D:1,5-2Kb, and U:2-2,5Kb. It was killing me, and it went on and on for almost a week, no matter what i tried. Anyway, last night I solved the problem, by accident. Here is what you should try:

-go to preferences/torrent options and put these numbers beginning from top to bottom: 2000, 500, 40, 80, 50 (yeah, that`s right I added a "0" to the existing numbers). In my case, after this modification, the speed boomed to 25-30 Kbs for Dl (my normal dl speed).

Good luck

I tried those settings but it didnt work for me .....

If only they can get uTorrent to work right out of the box.....

Hey do I need to be an electronics engineer to turn on the TV......

Why must I be a computer scientist in order to use uTorrent........

:(:(:(

Relax, my asian friend. ;) Yes, µTorrent does require more a bit more tweaking to operate correctly, but once you've accomplished that you'll love µTorrent. Hey, maybe that should be put in the requirements:

● At least 3 braincells required for correct operation.

Relax, my asian friend. ;) Yes, µTorrent does require more a bit more tweaking to operate correctly, but once you've accomplished that you'll love µTorrent. Hey, maybe that should be put in the requirements:
● At least 3 braincells required for correct operation.

hahahaha sad thing is that is probably true.. :\

You say its light and I say its dark. You are right cos u made statement in the day. I am also right cos I made my statement at night.

U say its my fault that uTorrent doesnt work and I say uTorrent is broken.

Requirements: min 4 brain cells needed to understand this post.

Now im really starting to believe the 'network ok' message is set to appear only when connected to a reliable swarm (in size that is).

You are correct. :P However, you CAN see it on smaller swarms, but only if you receive an incoming connection (on TCP or UDP, I believe, since I get mine without any torrents started :)). Otherwise, it won't show anything since it wouldn't be reliable with small swarms.

Archived