"Proxy for peer-to-peer connections" option broken in 1.7.x

fuf

It seems that as of 1.7.1 (also tested on 1.7.2), the "Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections" option is not respected, and the functionality remains ENABLED if a proxy is configured, even if the option is turned off.

I use a proxy for tracker connections.. in 1.6.x the mentioned option above was respected, however now even with the option DISABLED, all my peer-to-peer connections are being proxied along with my tracker connections. I can no longer proxy my tracker connections only.

Can anyone reproduce? Thoughts? Devs?

Bug is fixed in this build.

Tested with proxy disabled, proxy enabled but no proxying of peer connections (proxying of trackers only), and proxy enabled with peer connections proxied (both trackers and peers proxied), all working as they should be.

Great work... thanks :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I don't want to rain on your party but there's still something strange with this "fix". It seemed to work OK on the first tests with lots of seeds/peers.

But later with other less populated torrents I felt it was way slower.

I started a torrent a few minutes ago with 3 seeds and 6 peers and after a minute no connection was made (proxy is enabled for tracker connection only). I then closed that lastest version and started 1.6.1.490 and it reached 100 kB/s download in a few seconds. It's hard to explain but there's a difference between the 2 versions. One works almost as if there was no proxy and the other slows thing a lot.

I wish I could provide more details but I don't know how.

Maybe a hint : I use a dyndns name in "IP/Hostname to report to tracker:" (I beleive I need it because my IP changes everyday and I want that the peers can find me quickly after a disconnection and I don't want them to try to contact the Proxy).

Greetings.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't do that test : it will work as I can have direct access to trackers and peers. The only test is to compare 1.6.1 and 1.7.2 and the latest doesn't really work using a proxy for tracker connections. It seems to work but very few peers/seeds connections are established and this results in an almost zero speed.

Archived