I'm a newbie to this utorrent P@P file sharing. I've some question

ticktack

Although I'm Using Cable 2000kbps, but my d/l speed for my files, mainly movie will only hover around 0.1kbps~0.7kps and it can never reach more than what my cable can provide. May I now what is wrong, it tok me days just to download a movie fully but now this is another problem, as I do not know how to get it to play the movie, I've tried the utorrent on top icon which shows "Start,Pause, stop." ut after clicking onto either of them, doesn't load and play my movie. Therefore, I had no choice but to sek you guys experience to share with me. PLs do advise me what to do. Pls help me and I'll appreciate very much . Thanks in advance.

Download speed depends on how many seeds/peers you're connected to, and how good those seeds/peers are. If there aren't alot of other people on that torrent, your speeds won't be so great. Speed can also depend on many other factors...

The "start, pause, stop" control downloading.

To open your downloaded file, right-click on the entry and choose "Open containing folder." Then click on the movie file to play it (it should work if you have codecs for the movie format).

Thanks for your prompt reply but still I cannot managed to get the file to open with media player, can u advise me what step to take or what other player to download in order to watch such bitorrent movie?

Hmm. What format is the movie in? (.mpg? .avi? .ogm? etc.) What media player are you using? What happens or what does it say when you try opening it?

I'm going to bed now though, so I won't be able to answer for a while...

Thanks for all you guys assitance, I managed to D/L VideoLan Client and it works flawlessly with that particular movie. Thanks for all the feedback. Seriously, I have a problem to ask you guy residing in other foreign country, if your BB is 1.5MBPs or above, does your downloading of those P2P sharing files such as utorrent or imesh download at their near highest achievavble downloading speed? I've noticed my utorrent downlaod speed, it took me almost 4 days to completely d/l that movie which shows me downloading speed hovering at 0.2 or even 0, then 0.7kbps not more than I ever see 30+ over kbps downloading speed for my utorrent client. Is there some setting that I failed to configured properly or what is wromg. My the other P2P client iMesh V5 initially works flawless and can easily download at far above 100kbps but dunno why now a day, it only managed at most hovering around 2.xxkpbs ~ 3.xxkbps. Anyone has any ideas what is going on? is really MS crushing hard on P2P????? Pls advise me if you can help me acheive near to my cable max 2MBps. BTW, I'm in Singapore which is Asia maybe that may never allow my modem to achive near max speed. Thank you.

Archived