µtorrent scraping while torrent is stopped

h0rnytoad1

it just says "scrape ok" and cycles the trackers, whats the point? does it do that to all stopped torrents or just the recently stopped ones (that were running and then finished) ? on an old P3 it just uses valuable ressources, not much on today's dual and quad cores, but i could do without. if i remember right, the original µt promise was smallest file size and uses the least amount of ressources.

There was never a promise to keep the file size small.

At any rate, I'm unable to reproduce the problem. With bt.scrape_stopped set to false (default), I am entirely unable to force µTorrent to scrape trackers, manual or automatic. And I tried several times. As soon as I enabled bt.scrape_stopped (and only after I enabled it), µTorrent started scraping for the stopped torrents.

The suggestion itself doesn't not make any sense, but your previous post wasn't exactly clear, and it was that post that didn't make sense. Your previous post made it sound like the entire interface should just not update at all.

At any rate, changing the tracker each update cycle uses almost no extra resources. µTorrent will always update every gui.update_rate, and that uses resources. If you want it to use less resources, then increase gui.update_rate. That, or simply minimize the entire µTorrent window, and it won't update at all.

Archived