Port forwarding with uTorrent

Sonny

Hi there,

I am verrry slooooowly downloading from uTorrent and I have the red/amber symbol.

I have set up my port forwarding correctly according to the portforwarding website, I have contacted Netcomm (my modem helpdesk) for tech support and they confirmed that my port forwarding is set up correctly. I have also tried DMZ but this hasn't fixed the problem. Netcomm says it is now a uTorrent issue.

This is what I have set up:

Destination IP adress: 192.168.1.200

Destination Port Start: 17439

Destination Port End: 17439

Destination Port Map: 17439

Destination Netmask: 255.255.255.255

Enable: (ticked)

Protocol: TCP and UDP

Then when I click on "Test if port is forwarded properly" the port checker gives me the error message:

"Checking port 17439 on 220.245.213.55...

Error! Port 17439 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5)."

I'm lost!

Can anyone out there give me step-by-step help for dummies?

Thank you!

Sonny

Hi, Do you have a Seperate DSL Modem and a Seperate Router?? Or is your Modem a Combo unit??

Do you have any Firewalls or Internet Security Programs??

Have you seen the Port forward Guides here:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Just Select your Router then utorrent to see the Easy to Follow Guide. :)

The_Nephilim

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have i believe its a westell wirespeed 6100 C90-610030-06 dsl router and linksys wrt54gs ver 6 wireless router ive followed or so called followed portforward but nothing im confused cause it says my router ip is supposed to be 192.168.1.1 but mine is like 192.168.2.1 im friggin lost i cant get anything to do someone help please im tired of taking 2 to 3 days to dl a 700mb file by the way i have mcafee security center and in personal firewall i tried to allow ports like it said to i dunno confusedddddddddd

Archived