Remove files from multi-file torrent (rookie-question!)

montyoto

I am currently downloading a torrent that consists of many files. Unfortunately I am running out of hard drive space. So I'd like to ask:

- is it possible to remove some of the completed files (to another drive) without removing the torrent altogether?

- and, if so, is it "bad behaviour"? I can't really tell which of the files are being used as seeds elsewhere (or can I?)

By the way. I just spend an hour or so reading thru the headlines in this General forum - and I'd like to state, that question headings like "noobi question" isn't very informative! It generates a massive waste of time to open these threads to find out if it relates to ones problems.

Stop the torrent. Skip the files in µtorrent. Remove the files in question. Force a re-check. Start the torrent.

Because of pieces overlapping some of the files might be recreated and the pieces in question will have to be redownloaded.

Skipping files that are finished is a bit dubious but as long as there is enough availability in the torrent and as long as you share back to your ratio I guess it can be tolerated.

Archived