Vista And uTorrent?

Nicolee

Okay, I've just got a new Vista Premium computer, installed uTorrent, and when I go to open it, I continually get the "It seems like uTorrent is already running but not responding, please close uTorrent and try again" message. So I tried it again like it prompted me and I again recieve the same message. The program isn't even coming up.

Incase you're wondering, I have Zonealarm, and I've allowed uTorrent through on both Zonealarm AND my original Windows Firewall. I'm really at a loss here because it works absolutely fine on my other XP computer which I also have Zonealarm on.

Any ideas as to how I could fix this??

I'm having similar problems with uTorrent, it will work fine for a while, sometimes hours but will then crash - usually when you try to minimise the window or attempt to shut it down. Sometimes it will seem to shut down, but the process will still be running - and can't be stopped even using end process in the Task Manager, and you can't start it again because it will recognise the old version still running.

This has only happened since I upgraded to version 1.7.1 and has continued since I uninstalled that and installed 1.7.2

I'm using Vista Home Premium (and also Zone Alarm which I haven't been using for long either - could that be the problem?)

Any help much appreciated!

Archived