File Size

Lebon

Is there a limit on torrent file size?

Every time I load a large file (a whole TV series like "LOST" i.e. betweem about 2 to 13 Gb) I get the message "error" and a red cross and it loads some files and leaves others incomplete, is there something I am not aware of?

Perhaps the file size is more than 4 GB and you want to store them on a FAT32 partition?

You should use a NTFS partition (you can convert it in windows without loosing anything), just type "help convert" in the command line.

I need more info. I am a novice as far as partitioning a disk. Can I partition say 20 Gb as NTFS (what is this an abreviation of?) and redirect all my files to this partition, if I can, what exactly do I do?(sorry to be a pain but I just don't know).

Thank you in advance.

What is a partition? and how big is it? if I change to NTFS (what ever that means) what happens to the rest of the programs? If NTFS is better than the rest, why doesn't a new computer come already formatted in NTFS?

I don't want to scramble a system and make it unworkable just for the sake of downloading large torrents, I would rather abandon the whole torrent process.

Lebon, in windows: start - run - cmd - help convert

so if the partition you want to convert from FAT32 to NTFS is X: for example, the command should be:

convert X: /FS:NTFS

normally there should not be any loss on data and converting is very quick (some minutes).

Archived