uTorrent does not want to start minimized

ilovetorrents

I've been using uTorrent for the past year or so, but with the new version, uTorrent pops up when the PC starts up. I've tried the regedit fix, but after each reboot, the "/minimized" line disappears, and uTorrent pops up at the next startup.

Incidentally, I have TWO uTorrent entries in my registry, I tried "fixing" both, no go. I tried fixing one and deleting the other (no go) and deleting one and fixing the other, but still no luck. Any help appreciated.

Yeah, it is a bug, thanks for reporting it.

(It has to do with that uTorrent now enforces the run-on-startup regkey every run and the comparison on whether to not to overwrite it is a bit too literal and doesn't take into account that the user may have modified it)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It is not fixed in 1.7.5 either.

Please someone fix it, I am desperate for a fix. I have my own computer and pay for my own internet, but my stupid family closes utorrent every chance they get! I have been able to hide the utorrent.exe, all shortcuts, system tray icon, and processes in the task-manager (took FOREVER to figure that out). Now utorrent is still not hidden because it POPS UP every freakin time they restart the PC.

I have been trying to get it to work for 5 hours with no success.

Please Help!

Okay... Right off the bat, could it be that since you've chosen to 'hide' the program in plain sight by giving it the name of a legitimate Windows process (a lot of trojans do this as well), your security software tags it as a threat and removes it?

Try renaming it back and see if the problem persists. If not, then figure out a new name! ;)

Archived