uTorrent won't start in Vista

ejxsd

I installed the newest stable release of uTorrent, and it started fine the first couple times I ran it. But now when I double-click the EXE, nothing happens at all. If I replace the EXE with a freshly downloaded one, it will work, but then after a short while it no longer works. What's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the EXACT same issue as ejxsd. If I re-download and re-install, it will work... until I shut down the computer. Once I restart, it refuses to open unless I once again re-download and re-install. Otherwise it just won't open. I'll double click on it and nothing happens. It isn't appearing in the processes menu either. This happens indefinitely until I redo those steps again and again each restart. It's beginning to bother me and I feel it would probably just be easier to uninstall. Anyone have a solution?

• 1 year later...

same problem as these guys, my utorrent runs on a remote server, no software installed since clean windows install other than Utorrent, Flashget, DC++, VNC server and printer drivers

the processes that come up in process explorer are:

winvnc4.exe

winlogon.exe

WindowsSearch.exe

vncclipboard.exe

taskmgr.exe

System Idle Process

System 4

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

spoolsv.exe

smss.exe

services.exe

searchindexer.exe

procexp.exe

Interrupts

igfxsrvc.exe

igfxpers.exe

hkcmd.exe

explorer.exe

DPCs

csrss.exe

alg.exe

sorry, bringing up a 1.5 year old thread, but i have just started having this problem

EDIT: oops probably a bad thread to post on, mines in XP

• 1 year later...

Archived