When I open Utorrent, my internet connection stops working

Moerae3

I am really sorry if the answer to this is posted somewhere else. I've read through, and I don't see the problem I am having being addressed anywhere, so I am hoping I just haven't missed it!

Anyways, last night utorrent was working perfectly for me. I finished downloading, stopped the others to go to bed, and then reactivated it this morning. When I started it this morning it prompted me to update the program, so I did, and when I did, everything suddenly stopped connecting to the internet. utorrent didn't download or upload, and the internet windows that I had open kept saying they couldn't connect to the internet. When I ran the Windows Vista troubleshooting thing, it said my internet connection was working fine. I shut everything down, restarted the computer, and explorer ran fine. I opened up utorrent again, and again, everything stopped connecting to the internet. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, redowndloading and then reinstalling, and I keep getting the same problem. I just uninstalled utorrent again, and again, I was able to connect to the internet once I did.

I honestly have no idea how to fix this and I'm not familiar enough with torrents and firewalls to be able to troubleshoot this problem myself, so if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it! I loved the utorrent version I had, it worked wonderfully, but alas when I updated it, it wrote over the old one, and now I can't get it back.

I run Windows Vista, the premium home version.

There was only one change between 1.7.1 and 1.7.2: µTorrent no longer uses LPD for private torrents.

That does not affect the internet in this way, so if there's a problem, it's external to µTorrent. First link in my signature, and make sure you read the common procedures.

Archived