Closing uT makes downloads recheck

martix

I had a torrent that was red or something, so I decided to restart uT to make it green again. At that time I had 3 very big downloads running. When I started the program again the red torrent got fine and all of my downloads decided they need to be rechecked. Its been going for half an hour by now and by the rate I'm seeing its going to continue at least for 2-3 hours more!!! Why so SLOW?

Thats just stupid. And it isn't the first time either!

uTorrent may be small and stuff and for a time there I really believed it had potential. But its beggining to show too much of these small faults and this is proving lethal. Bah, at some point I really thought there was something to it. :( :(

Would this setting have any effect on already completed torrents? I'm seeding completed torrents from a mapped network share, and have utorrent set to start automatically at login. I'm not certain if it is checking for the presence of files before the mapped drives are available or what, but even once everything is available utorrent insists that I must recheck the files from the mapped drives. I'm not looking forward to rechecking 650GB of data that I know hasn't changed.

well, I feel sheepish now. After a few minutes, I was able to restart the torrents without rechecking. Thank goodness. Apparently uTorrent wasn't yet aware that the network drives were available when I tried restarting them the first few times. Odd, but I'm just glad a recheck isn't necessary.

Archived