Help with sudden speed changes.

stoneydork

Hello, I recently downloaded Utorrent and everything worked fine, fast and smooth. There was a big storm and my internet has been laggy , i was wondering, if this could be a reason why my utorrent is being slow, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Also... my major concern is the status icon on bottom is always red with a "!" on it saying my router/firewall blah blah , you know the icon .. before storm is was always green, once again, could something have happend during storm and is causin utorrent to not show as connected? it still downloads, just SLOW. , i did a port speed test and it says my port isnt forwarded correctly, ive changed ports numerous times, i plan on calling my ISP to see if a tech can come out to check the phone box outside for damage due to storm, if this is fixed, will utorrent be fixed, thanks againn. sorry if this is confusing or not in right forum.

It's possible that the ISPs network equipment was damaged during the storm. Contact them and ask if there are any known problems in your area since then.

Run a speed test at SpeedTest. If your internet connection is slow, of course µTorrent will be slow, it's the same connection. Also make sure that your router's settings weren't reset when you lost power.

Archived