Connection closed by peer. ??

th0masj

So Friday uTorrent is working great... Come Monday, load a torrent file, and receive the response from any and all trackers I have tried to use stating "Connection closed by peer."

All my settings are the same, ports firewall everything is good. Any ideas on this issue?

The thing about "connection closed by peer" is that it's an external thing that µTorrent only determines or is informed about, not something µTorrent can do anything about on its own. IINM, connection closed by peer happens outside of your computer, so it's got to be something on your network (or, doubtfully, your ISP) doing it :|

Not sure about the PG2 thing. Can you try uninstalling it temporarily to see what happens? I doubt it'd be PG2, though, seeing as how it blocks connections before they happen, so the connections would never be open in the first place. Accordingly, no connections should/would be closed either.

I don't even run PG2 here, however I run it at home and I use to have the issue where I would try to remote desktop to my computer at home and PG2 on my home computer would block this network from accessing my home computer. So I'm under the assumption this could be the cause. But I didn't think that EVERY tracker ran IP blocking with PG2 lists.

> The thing about "connection closed by peer" is that it's an external thing that

> µTorrent only determines or is informed about

This is correct. The message comes from the operating system.

> is there a way to see if my ISP (charter communications) is blocking tracker traffic?

Go to www.dslreports.com and find the Charter forum. Someone there will be able to tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem "connection closed by peer" with a torrent on thebox.bz tracker except it intermittently connects for short periods. Torrents on UKNova and other trackers are ok. I'm running uTorrent 1.7.2 under Win2K with a LinkSys WAG354G router. I've only seen this problem with thebox.bz tracker. I've been in touch with their admin and they allow uTorrent 1.7.2 so they are mystified as to the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived