Vista 32bit - every peer considered local

dAbReAkA

local and total speeds (upload or download) monitored in the statusbar always match (not exactly but they're pretty close - a difference of some 0.2-0.5k) which makes me think that utorrent considers all the peers i'm currently transferring with local thus making no use of the "(un)limit local peers" feature and annoyingly showing some extra stuff in the statusbar..

EDIT: Vista x86 Ultimate, build is 3458 (1.7.2)

I've got the same behaviour here!

All peers being considered as Locals.

I'm running a Vista Professional box.

Isn't there a easy way to help out without having to create a dual boot machine only to test it at WinXP? Virtualization? Any ideas?

Tks!

Moroni,

From Brazil! :)

heh.. i'm sure they're not local :) i've rarely seen the LPD feature discover anything at all..

a friend of mine told me days ago that speed limiting has been acting strangely (with no local peers or anything, every time..), so i suspected that it really was behaving odd and told him to check "limit local peers" which worked fine..

isnt LPD for discovering local peers and adding them to the list? u can get local peers without that feature and they can still have unlimited speed unless u check "limit local peers"

i'll try disabling it tomorrow and post what happened, but i think it's not gonna change anything :)

Indeed, you can still have local peers even without LPD, and that's why Ryan's asking you guys to test :P

If it continues to be a problem, then it's not because of LPD, but one of the other methods of determining a peer to be local. If it stops happening, then it probably is a LPD thing.

The only difference between local peers and non-local peers is that local peers have the possibility of not being limited by the rate limiter if "Limit local peer bandwidth" is disabled. Non-local peers can never be exempt from the rate limiter.

new to the list of vista bugs:

1. it's never exiting gracefully, leading to rechecking everything that was downloading before exiting

2. upload speed seems very low.. it's always hovering around 0-10k while it was around 100 before (under XP) and 100 after (under XP).. i even patched tcpip.sys - that fixed my connections problem, but has no influence on the upload speed (as expected.. why should it..)

Archived