1.7.2 not banning like it should

0xCC

uTorrent kept on receiving bad data from the same IP, about 200mb worth of hash fails. I checked log and it said in the log that it had banned ip, then an hour or so later in the log listed the same ip as being banned.

But while I sat there wondering why uTorrent wasn't banning him, yet another hashfail, and then another all from that very same ip.

I eventually cured the problem by setting an IPSEC policy to deny him. Is this possibly an OS-specific issue?

Doubtful that it's OS-specific, seeing as how it's just a simple comparison to check whether the IP in the banned IP list... Have you ever messed with the banning options in Preferences > Advanced?

bt.ban_ratio

bt.ban_threshold

bt.use_ban_ratio

bt.use_rangeblock

just found out about ipfilter.dat tonight... so i didn't know to use it.

and i never changed any advanced settings.

there's no ipfilter.dat in my Program Files (x86)\uTorrent folder or in my %appdata%\uTorrent folder though....should it just be a text file with one CIDR range per line?

• 2 weeks later...

I use utorrent 1.7.2 and the same thing happened.

I had over 300mb worth of hash fails and the same IP had been banned by utorrent several times.

The hash fails stopped when i banned the IP manually with ipfilter.dat, I checked the logger and the same IP was blocked by ipfilter 20min after utorrent had banned it.

Archived