everything disappeared...help pls!

adban

So, Two days back, I was downloading a few torrents, seeding a couple, everything normal - then my power went out, when it came back and I restarted utorrent...voila, it doesn't show any of the old downloads/uploads any more, all the complete and half-complete files are still in the folder specified, but nothing shows up in utorrent.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again and upgraded to v1.7.2, but still blank. Pls help - how can I reassociate my half-completed torrents and strat from where I left off.

TIA

You're gonna need to refind the .torrent files and reload them in µTorrent. Check %appdata%\uTorrent to see if they're still lying around in that directory for you to reload. Make sure you point to the correct location on disk when you reload the torrents.

Just realized, all the torrents were going to temporary internet files folder - and have sadly been deleted. All I have now are in the folder where I had all my downloads go to, there's a file (for example) "i.mp3.!ut" (an mp3 file I was downloading, 40%done - there are others like that as well).

Any way to find the torrent files, get something loaded/started or am I SOL with all my half-done stuff?

Thanks much

I have the same problem as this person and this is the first time for me. Was not aware that uTorrent was storing ALL the files in that temp directory...so does that mean that no files for a 4GB torrent exist at all until the final tiny bit of data is added? Wow, that means that I could be spending anywhere from a few days to a few weeks downloading and if there is a glitch at the end, totally out of luck...all that gone to waste!

DWK - and what would "the entry in uTorrent isn't there anymore" translate into? That there are thousands of tiny file parts hiding somewhere, or they were all in memory and vanished when the system crashed? I'm just trying to find my files and start over at the 95% mark instead of spending two days doing it from scratch, which by the way I can't do either, since the program simply doesn't function any more. If I uninstall and install all over again do I lose whatever links might have once existed to those file "parts"?

DWK -- You are right, they are there -- in a subdirectory I created to hold files while they were being 'assembled', then I created a different directory for completed files and told uTorrent about that. It all worked great until this 'glitch'. I can go into that directory and see the (partial) files but I can't get uTorrent to use those partial files and finish the job. I'll give the migration guide a try (saw it already but thought in only applied to external files -- ones that hadn't been started by uTorrent). Thanks!

Archived