Search for files in torrents

ajones81

I'd like a simple search dialog where I could point to a directory containing torrent files and search for a file name among them all. So if I wanted to download, for example, a particular issue such as TorrentMan 342, the search would show me all torrents containing files with the text TorrentMan and 342 in their names.

An option to search for files in already loaded torrents would also be nice to have.

Ok, the latter would be nice to have. As for the former, well a grep utility seems to take care of that problem, esp. since the file names are stored as text in the torrents, though it would have been nice if this feature was incorporated into uTorrent as well (in the same dialog so one could select whether to search in the queue or a directory).

• 2 years later...

ok, since searching for a File WITHIN a Torrent is not possible?

Is there a way To search with in the Torrent Names that are stored in the uTorrent Client; and can be input a utf-8 text for chinese and japanese text. Downloading anime can sometimes double and want to search in the client; cause i delete the actual torrents.

Archived