µTorrent 1.2.1

ludde

According to ludde, µTorrent 1.2.1 refuses to load torrents with more than 65535 pieces. Tell the torrent maker to not be retarded and use a proper piece size!

I'm not sure why supporting the .torrent standard as the rest of the world does is considered a bad thing. I should not find that I cannot use a given .torrent just because I'm using µTorrent instead of Bram's client or Azureus.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@boo: just multiply the biggest supported block-size with 65535..that's about 268GB..quite enough room for further improvement in netspeed, don't you think? :D

@da chicken: you mean to tell me that Bram coded his client with 32 bit precision, just to be safe from some retards who are too stupid to pick a decent block size??? you got to be kidding me

-DG

No, setting the piece size too low is the unstandard thing, it's actually completely retarded to use such a low piece size. It INCREASES overhead and makes everything slower when you use a piece size that's too low and end up with more pieces than you should have...

@SledgeDG: I've never tried it, since I've never found anybody stupid enough to make a .torrent that way. I'm just saying that if they do support it, it would be best to follow suit. Especially on Bram's client. It should be easy enough to check Azureus's code and see if they support it.

Archived