Tracker error? Need help

natas206

Hello,

uTorrent 1.7.2

WinXP.

Been using uTorrent great for a couple years. Had some problems with my router and just got a replacement several days ago - Linksys BEFSR41

I thought I setup everything as I did before - static IP, forwarded port. I tested to see if the port was forwarded properly and it says it is.

Everything seemed to work fine initially but eventually (minutes or hours later) everything turned to red down/up arrows. I still can download/upload, but typically at low speeds and the red arrow still exists. I posted a screen shot below.

Also, it seems to me that the public trackers are working fine (even though red arrows) but the private will not download at all or if they do low speeds, and/or it takes a long time to begin download.

I also disabled the firewall that came with windows (even though I used this previously for a couple years without any problem).

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

On the screen shot, the ones that are downloading are public, and the one second to the bottom is private and just wont download (I verified there are dozens of seeders though)

utorrentscreenshot.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/natas206/utorrentscreenshot.jpg

Yeah, I did that because nothing was downloading (thought it might help).

I stopped them all, restarted uTorrent and removed a lot of the torrents just to simplify things, then used regular start. Still no luck. I've even stopped all of them, but one and still nothing.

New screenshot:

utorrentscreenshot2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/natas206/utorrentscreenshot2.jpg

natas206,

Could you please try opening the following url with your web-browser - http://tracker2.transamrit.net:8082/announce (tracker url from the slackware torrent above). Does it also show timeout error for you?

Also, it seems to me that the public trackers are working fine (even though red arrows) but the private will not download at all or if they do low speeds, and/or it takes a long time to begin download.

You have DHT enabled, that's why you would be able to find seeders even without accessing trackers. And DHT is automatically ignored for private torrents.

Also, when I enable the port to be forwarded in my router settings, my internet connection constantly loses connection and reconnects. As soon as I disable the port to be forwarded, it stops and internet appears fine.

What sort of connection are you on?

Cable.

What are your queue settings?

Max number of active torrents - 50

Max number of active downloads - 20

EDIT:

Ok, I must have done something that changed the Queue settings. It was 3 and 2. Change that to 50, 20 and torrents are now downloading. So that must have been my problem (even though I swear I checked that last night).

But, I still have the constant disconnect/reconnect problem.

Could you please try opening the following url with your web-browser - http://tracker2.transamrit.net:8082/announce (tracker url from the slackware torrent above). Does it also show timeout error for you?

I get this link and cannot download the link:

d14:failure reason17:info hash missinge

Oh crap! I didn't realize that. Sorry for my stupidity!

So if I go with the xx/384, it only changes max active torrents to 3, max active downloads 2, connections/connections global remains the same (80/230). That should be fine?

BTW, I just ran speed test and got 3180/Kb/s download, and 1051/ Kb/s up

So far so good. I think everything is back to normal.

Hey thanks a lot for all the help and so quickly. It's really nice to see such great support like this.

BTW, I'm in Tech Support myself and I think if I helped someone like me, I would have laughed at them secretly for being so stupid!! haha, thanks again for all the help!!! :)

Ok, some bad news...you seem to be on ComCast.

And ComCast has a crazy burst mode that they call powerboost or something like that.

So speed tests, which run quickly, often only end up measuring the burst speed...not the sustainable speed.

What this means is in Speed Guide (CTRL+G) probably xx/384k is the setting you'll need...unless you're in an upgraded area, in which case xx/768k may work just fine.

So the question is: are you uploading as quickly as you told µTorrent to?

If not, you probably can't. :(

Archived