Upnp and nat pmp buttons

ghost14201

what do these buttons mean and should I have them checked b/c without the nat one checked I get a red icon and I can't seem to frorward my port b/c port checker has never acknoledged my port to be open here is all my info

System Name: EMBARQ

ZyNOS F/W Version: V3.40(ACZ.5) | 09/11/2006

DSL FW Version:TI AR7 07.00.02.00

Standard:ADSL_G.dmt

eq660r on the bottom of router

Utorrent's Port for incoming connections 50165

To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address. Take a look at our Static IP Address guide to setup a static ip address. When you are finished setting up a static ip address, please come back to this page and enter the ip address you setup in the Static IP Address box below.

Do not skip this step!

followed all steps and still nothing even disabled windows firewall

please any help would be appreciated

Upnp and nat pmp buttons what do these buttons mean and should I have them checked

µTorrent manual - http://download.utorrent.com/utorrent-help.zip

* Enable UPnP port mapping allows µTorrent to communicate with the router to forward a port without your manual intervention. Some devices do not support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), so you might still have to forward your ports manually. Disable UPnP if that is the case.

* Enable NAT-PMP port mapping allows µTorrent to attempt to forward a port with routers that support the NAT port mapping protocol (Apple products, for example).

NAT-PMP (NAT Port Mapping Protocol): An alternative to UPnP created by Apple, Inc. NAT-PMP is not as widely supported as UPnP is, and uptake of the protocol has been limited to Apple, Inc. products only thus far.

Archived