uTorrent problem!

torrBong

Hi,

I have a littile weired problem. I have uTorrent 1.7.2 and the settings are as follows (after doing CTR-G).

Connection type:: xx/256k

Upload limit::22kB/s,Upload Slots::3

Connections::70, Connections(global)::130

Max Active torrents::2, Max Active downloads::1

"Test port" it's properly forwarded. I have a NetGear with which i'm satisfied so far although i dont know what really is causing the problem! well the problem is, once i start downloading, speed is pretty OK if there are enough seeds. however after about 15 min or so, i see that it started slowin down and at one point may be after 20 min from or so. it lost all the connecon to peers and seeds. the ion turns Yellow from Green! Please note, while doing this download i had not been using the computer and it was just uTorrent which was running. once i'm back to use the computer and "just" click anywhere on uTorrent application the yellow turns green again and the download picks up. but again it starts dropping to the same state if i have not been using the PC or doing anything (minimize/maximize the window or just clicking around on the window) for about 20 min or so.

i have set my download speed to Unlimited :-) and upload to 5kB/s. i'm a pretty beginner. so if you can help with the settings that will be great.

I used to be getting the tcpip warning (Eevent id 4226) pretty often. so i decided to increase the limit of max half open connection from 10 (XP-SP2) to 150. but that didnt help!!

please note all other big downloads (not through uTorrent) seems fine to me. and this occurs only with Torrent. i have not tried any other Torrent. but i think i would like to hear some definite words from you before giving up on this and decide to move to some other torrents.

thanks in advance for thinking about it. and let me know if u would want any further information regarding this! looking forward to hear from u.

Interesting problem!

In Control Panel, click on the Power icon. Change the Power Profile to either "Home/Office Desk" or "Always On."

If that helps, then the problem was probably related to CPU throttling. This might also be of interest to the developers (submit a bug report).

If that doesn't help, please describe your computer make/model, operating system, exact processor model stepping and speed, and amount of memory.

i have set my download speed to Unlimited :-) and upload to 5kB/s. i'm a pretty beginner. so if you can help with the settings that will be great.

Use the settings from the Ctrl-G screen, the ones you quoted above. Those would be excellent!

"I used to be getting the tcpip warning (Eevent id 4226) pretty often. so i decided to increase the limit of max half open connection from 10 (XP-SP2) to 150. but that didnt help!!"

Try decreasing µTorrent's net.max_halfopen value to only 4...and see if the tcpip warnings (Event id 4226) go away.

Archived