Changing µTorrent's highlighting

durerca

When you click on a torrent in your queue, µTorrent highlights the whole row in black but when it does this it also covers the status icon beside the torrent name in black highlighting which makes it hard to see. So looking at my highlighted torrent sometimes I can't tell by looking at the icon if the status is ok or not (i.e., if the icon is a green down arrow or a red one) because the highlighting obscures the icon and it's color.

I'm not sure if this should go in feature requests or not, but this is one UI feature that has always bugged me. Maybe it would be possible to set the highlighting feature to ignore the torrent's icon so it can show through normally. Also, in previous versions (before 1.2.1) you could just select outside the window which would remove the highlighting but still reveal the torrent details in the box below.

Is it just me that this bothers?

Now that you mention it, it's difficult to make out the difference between some of the status-icons. But you can still unfocus the window (by focusing another window or by clicking on the desktop) and still have the details shown in the General tab.

Yeah, you're right that you can keep the details by unfocusing the window so at least that is still there.

I've been using Foood's icons for a while now and other icon sets before that. Still, when you have a torrent selected the black highlighting of that row will cover over the icon as well and that's what makes it difficult to see it clearly especially because in most icon sets the color, not the shape, is what tells u the difference in status.

Archived