What is best wireless router for uTorrent purposes?

D. Payne

For least trouble, maintenance [low reset needs, port forwarding/forcing and so forth], highest reliability and connectivity, etc.

Needs capacity for only two PCs, only one of which used for torrenting. OS is Windows XP.

New Linksys WRT54G in hand, but not unboxed yet as I understand that model has been 'dumbed down" since version 4. My current one's a version 2 or 3 and just about to give out. Lately my seeds [of downloads] have been getting disconnected from leechers after only a few seconds and process of elimination has landed on the router. Single port is closed according to test, but router's ancient and crapping out during simple web surfing so I may as well replace it. Everything had worked fine for a couple of years until now.

So, any rec of a different Linksys model or altogether different brand/model gratefully received and considered.

In praise of uTorrent - despite still having the problem described above I absolutely love it :] Had been using Mainline when my favorite tracker banned it, tried Bit Tornado - a joke by comparison - then took the uTorrent plunge. Clearly poles better than Mainline.

Other than forwarding your port, not really. If you want, I guess you could increase the maximum number of simultaneous connections in Advanced > Conntrack/Netfilter, but that's probably gonna be fruitless, since you generally shouldn't need that many connections.

Archived