Links to threads on the voting page are often closed

ciper

Many times I see a an option on the voting page http://utorrent.nitescifi.com/index.php?a=browse that I would like to comment about (either for, against or expand) and the thread has been locked by an administrator.

One great example was an option called "Change the properties multiple torrents simulaneously" which has 185 yes votes and 44 no votes. The administrator locked the thread and didnt post a link to the appropriate existing discussion.

Does an authoritative replacement for the voting page exist? If not shouldn't we embrace the voting page and help to keep the links to forum thread accurate?

I could see it as a great way to reduce repeated posts if users were pointed to it as a list of common suggestions.

What's shocking?

That the many people who want features don't always have the best intentions or don't have the understanding to know what's best for BitTorrent in general?

Some things may be very hard to program into µTorrent at least into the present version, but if a complete rewrite was done might be much easier. It's understandable that the developers may not want to tackle adding a feature that's likely to make µTorrent unstable.

Just because a feature is popular among the users, it doesn't make it a good one

I'm shocked by your reply.

The Nazis won the 1934 German democratic elections. -- The herd ain't always right.

(Ratchets the bolt of tripod-mounted "Ma Deuce" positioned in the hallway being pile of sand-bags, awaiting the imminent arrival of impertient Godwinites.)

This is frustrating to say the least. I was shocked because the point of my question was not "Why are the voted items not added" as you have assumed.

If the idea is harmful or hard to implement that could be stated in the linked thread. It would help others understand why features which sound useful do not exist.

If the voting page is not affiliated with this site why not create a list of commonly suggested features as a sticky and links to threads discussing them. Then users like myself could read the sticky, find the improvement we have in mind and add to the discussion instead of creating an unending stream of new threads on topics which have already been covered.

Archived