Reoccuring Connection Problem with UTorrent

cabose369

Hello,

Time and time again I follow this instruction on ports: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/SMC/WBR14-G/Utorrent.htm and every time it doesn't work. I keep changing port numbers and it does not work.

The connection button at the bottom of utorrent stays the caution yellow saying "No incoming connections..." then it stays like that for about an hour or 2 and then changes t to the red exclamation mark...

For the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is.. I open up the port.. go to the port test site and it says it can't access that port... but when I connect to my router the port is open and selected.. anyone have any ideas??

It's a SMC WBR14-G Router.

yes.. it does... it also gets the green check mark on every computer in the house but mine, the one I am having a problem with.. My windows firewall is off when I use UTorrent and my Sygate Personal Firewall allows it to operate. Even when I shut off Sygate it still won't connect. I have Avast Anti-Virus Pro Installed if that helps... Also if it helps when I do an advanced firewall port scan it shows that the ports that I have open for uTorrent to connect on say LISTEN while the other 2 uTorrent ones, the ones you don't choose, say CONNECT. If that helps...

Archived