Veeeerrryy slow performance

ytrewq

I put Utorrent 1702 on recently and it worked fine for a few days but now I am having problems using the program. It has almost ground to a halt. If I click on a blank part of the program, the egg timer comes up and stays for about 5 minutes before it goes away and I can click on anything else whereupon I go through the same thing again, for every click. If I open up something in front of it and move it away, the part of Utorrent covered by this stays blank for ages before it eventually clears. Utorrent is set to single click to send to task tray when I click on the cross but it doesn't any more, I just get the End Now process killing window up.

I completely reinstalled Windows and when I put Utorrent back on, I got the same problem. In all other respects my PC runs impeccably. I have tried disabling firewall and antivirus but it doesn't help. Anybody got any ideas please as my torrent downloads are currently at a virtual standstill?

I use Ashampoo Free Firewall, AVG Free AS, Windows Defender and that's all. It makes no difference if a disable these and I have been using them for a long time without any problems. I've been trying to drag a torrent file into the Utorrent main window. This normally takes about 1 second, I have been waiting half an hour and it still won't go. The whole Utorrent screen stayed blank for 20 minutes before displaying normally. I have a Belkin router which is using UPNP which Utorrent is set to use. I have done an external NAT test and ports are open and working.

Archived